Model OVN - Rectangular Violin Case - Full Size, with carrying strap
- Colour: Black
- Violin case with 2 bow holders (mounting support for bow) in the lid, large accessory box for rosin etc. and fully padded instrument body area.
- Body Length: 370 mm
- Unique "Liteflite" construction
- Outer shell: A.B.S. hard shell
- Inner shell: special high-tech foam
- Interior lining: Velour
- Plastic handle
- Empty weight: approx. 2,6 kg
- Complete with shoulder carrying strap
- Delivery without instrument
The criteria for the design called for the construction of the very best lightweight cases possible, encompassing the use of the finest modern materials. The result is a range of cases manufactured using a unique composite double moulded construction which gives unparalleled protection for your instrument from a lightweight case.
The construction consists of a moulded, high impact resistant A.B.S. plastic outer shell, bonded directly to an inner moulding manufactured from a unique blend of High Tech cellular foam. This inner moulding is feather light and, being semi-rigid, is designed to soak up impact shocks from the outside world. The unique bonding of the inner moulding to the outer shell gives unbeatable, total structural rigidity.
The aluminium valance is unique to Hiscox Cases. Its design not only increases the rigidity of the case, but ensures a positive location of lid to base when the two halves are closed. Unlike any other case available on the market, the valance extends deep inside the case behind the plastic shell, into which all the hardware (handles, catches, hinges etc.) is riveted. This method of fixing greatly reduces the possibility of fittings working loose.