Ideal for Hawaiian instruments like steel guitar (lap steel) and ukulele
- easy-to-use, compact sized tuner
- Tuning scales: Ukulele (C-/G Tuning), Steel Guitar (Am7-, C6-, E7-, B11- and C13-Tuning)
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Detection range: C1 (24.500 Hz) ? C8 (4186.01 Hz)
- Detection accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Reference tone: Ukulele C (4G, 3C, 2E, 1A), Ukulele G (4D, 3G, 2B, 1E), Steel-G Am7 (6G, 5C, 4E, 3A, 2C, 1E), Steel-G C6 (6C, 5E, 4G, 3A, 2C, 1E), Steel-G E7 (6B, 5D, 4E, 3G#, 2B, 1E), Steel-G B11 (6B, 5D#, 4F#, 3A, 2C#, 1E), Steel-G C13 (6A#, 5C, 4E, 3G, 2A, 1C)
- Reference tone accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Tuning Mode: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Meter mode: lets you tune according to the input pitch.
- Sound Out mode that lets you tune while listening to a reference tone.
- Sharp/flat tuning allows you to tune even with a capo attached to your instrument.
- LED-display for great visibility
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4" mono), OUTPUT jack (1/4" mono)
- Output jack allows the tuner to be connected directly to your amp.
- Speaker: dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Auto Power Off function: preserves battery life.
- Convenient stand (on the back of the tuner): allows it to be used in an upright position.
- Power supply: Two 3V AAA batteries (are included)
- Battery Life: approx. 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): ca. 100 x 67 x 17 mm (3.94" x 2.64" x 0.67")
- Weight: ca. 88 g / 0.19 lbs. (with batteries)
- Included items: 2 AAA batteries for verifying operation, manual
Korg HA-40 - Compact, dedicated ukulele & steel guitar tuner for Hawaiian instruments. Supports a variety of tunings, and features a highly visible display with easy to use functionality. The broad detection range is supported in this hand held tuner, covering the tuning of steel guitars with numerous strings.
Dedicated and precise ukulele tuner for Hawaiian music performers:
The dedicated tuner for the instruments of Hawaiian music; the ukulele, taken up by numerous people because of its beginner-friendly ease of playing, and the steel guitar, widely loved for its distinctive sound and performance technique. In spite of its compact size, the HA-40 is a high-precision LCD ukulele tuner with a detection accuracy of better than +/-1 cent, allowing you to tune with impeccable precision. It's designed with the motif of a turtle, beloved in Hawaii as a guardian deity of the ocean.
Support for various types of Hawaiian performance tunings:
The HA-40 has a detection range of C1 (24.500 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz), and allows you to tune sharps or flats relative to standard pitch. You can also adjust the pitch up or down in semitone steps and tune your instrument with a capo still attached. The HA-40 supports a variety of tunings for Hawaiian instruments - two modes for ukulele and five for steel guitar. For the ukulele, the Korg HA-40 provides LOW-G tuning suitable for solo performance as well as D tuning (American tuning) which raises the conventional C tuning by one step. A broad range of pitch detection is also supported allowing you to even tune steel guitars that have more than six strings.
Sound Out mode:
The HA-40's Sound Out mode uses the internal speaker to play a reference tone for each string of the instrument you're tuning. This allows you to tune more accurately by using both your eyes and ears and training your sense of pitch by listening to the reference tone.
The HA-40 provides an output jack that can be connected directly to your amp/speaker system. This allows you to leave your instrument connected to the ukulele tuner while you perform so you can easily check tuning at any time. By using the optional CM-100L contact microphone you can tune acoustic instruments accurately, even in noisy environments.
Auto Power Off function:
The Auto Power Off function conserves battery life by automatically turning the power off when the ukulele tuner is not in use for ten minutes.