APS-2 Alnico II Pro Flat - pickup for Strat®
- Vintage-style, true single-coil
- vintage sound with distinct mids, soft distortion
- great for Country, Pop, Surf, Rockabilly, Blues, Ska and Classic Rock
- flat pole pieces
- AlNiCo II Magnet
- moderate windings ( Heavy Formvar® Wire)
- DC resistance: 6.40 kOhm
- Resonance frequency: 9.0 kHz
- Comes with a white plastic cover (removable) with printed Seymour Duncan Logo
For warmer toned ash, alder or basswood body instruments. Works with maple and rosewood fingerboards.
This pickup combines the same coil design as the APS-1, with hand ground rod Alnico 2 magnets of equal length raised above the flatwork. The flat magnet pattern provides the balanced field necessary for an even response using today's strings (unwound "G") and flatter neck radii. The more even output response is noticed when bending strings. Like the APS-1, the pickup is clean and vintage-like and will distort "earlier" compared to similar Alnico 5 pickups like the SSL-2. Comes with waxed cloth hookup cable and vintage-style "keyed" bottom plate.