SH-2 Jazz Model - Humbucker
- traditional, classic humbucker with moderate output
- (especially popular in neck position)
- it's not only great for Jazz, but also Country, Blues, Funk, Classic Rock, Heavy Rock
- bridge model
- with 4-conductor cable
- AlNiCo V magnet
- DC resistance: 7.9 kOhm
- Resonance frequency: 7.0 kHz
- colour: zebra (black/cream)
For balanced and warm instruments. Works especially well with mahogany bodies and rosewood fingerboards. Also works great with hollow and semi-hollow body guitars.
The pickup provides an articulate and clear tone. Great for fast runs. The brighter tone has slightly less output and is a good match with most bridge pickups. When distorted, the tone is full and bright. Smooth sustain. Compared to the SH-1 '59 Model, the Jazz has slightly less output and a more detailed treble response. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.
Often a SH-2 Jazz neck is paired with an SH-4 JB (Seymour's favorite combination, available as Hot Rodded Humbucker Set) or SH-5 Duncan Custom in the bridge position for diverse tones.
The SH-2 is available in both neck & bridge models, in black, white, zebra (black/cream), or with nickel and gold cover.