SH-3 Stag Mag - Humbucker
- Uniquely constructed humbucker uses Alnico 2 rod pole pieces to achieve true single-coil sound when split (tapped).
- ideal for Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues, Funk and Country
- bridge model (bridge position)
- with 4-conductor cable
- AlNiCo II magnet
- DC resistance: 16.2 kOhm
- Resonance frequency: 6.5 kHz
- colour: zebra (black/cream)
For use with any (electric) guitar with traditional string spacing in the bridge position (1.925"/48.9 mm). Works with rosewood, ebony or maple fingerboards.
The Stag Mag uses the same type of magnets as a vintage single coil. Each coil is as powerful as a single-coil. When the pickup is split (sometimes called "tapped") such that only one coil is used, the sound is bright and glassy, like a vintage Strat® pickup. In full output, humbucking mode, the tone is rich and full with a bright high-end. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.
Though often used in the bridge position, the Stag Mag can be used in the neck as well. Make sure to use the Stag Mag with a switch to maximize the real-deal single-coil tone when split (see the website for wiring diagrams for split wiring and other cool mods).
The SH-3 is available only in bridge model, in black, white or zebra (black/cream).