Digital Preamp w/ 12ax7 w/Effects
- Pre-amp with DSP effects section
- Size: 19"/1HE
- 24-bit Motorola DSP engine
- High Gain or Low Gain tube settings
- Pre-amp sections with settings for Variac, Tentode, Triode, Solid State
- 4-Band EQ
- Effects: Two Tap Chorus, Phaser, Two Tap Flanger, WahWah with programmable frequency, Tremolo, Reverb, Echo-like tap tempo delay, Pitch-Shift, HUSH Noisereduction
- 254 fully programmable presets, more sounds available through the Rocktron Patch Bay
- Speaker simulator with different microphone positions and speaker cabinet options
- MIDI function, continous control through eight parameters
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dB
- Input: 6,3mm Mono Standard Jack
- Maximum Output Level: +20 dB
- Output: 6,3mm unbalanced left and right. Left hand jack can drive stereo headphones of 600 Ohm min.
- Output: XLR balanced left and right
- Tube replacement: 12AX7
- MIDI In: 7 pin DIN
- MIDI thru/out: 5 pin DIN
- Power requirements: 9VAC/ 3.4A power supply (included in delivery)
- UL and CSA approved operation
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 480 x 178 x 45 mm
There is no other preamp quite like Rocktron's world famous VooDu Valve. This awesome digital/tube preamp includes an incredible DSP effects section.
Successfully combining a digital world with tube warmth is something Rocktron takes great pride in, and the VooDu Valve Online is just one of the results The VooDu Valve defines new standards, giving you the warmth and clarity of your favorite plexi or pre-CBS combo in a single-rack package and is unique in the way that you can choose either High or Low tube gain selections dependent on how much tube break-up you want for any application.
If you want an ultra-clean tone with a sharp edge and minimal distortion, select "low" tube gain presets. If your tone requires a tinge of dirt, dial up "high" tube gain selections and run minimal digital distortion to get natural medium-saturated tones reminiscent of a maxed out half stack. And for you "gain-heads", run "high" tube gain with digital clipping.
The Preamp section also includes very usable controls not found on other preamps, like Variac, Pentode, Triode and Solid State voicings. With the Voodu's incredible four-band post EQ section and comprehensive pre EQ section, you will never run out of tone shaping ideas. The VooDu Valve Online is loaded with tons of famous effects, including two-tap chorusing, dual- mode phaser, two-tap flanger, compression, frequency programmable wah-wah, tremolo, reverb, echo-like delay featuring unique tap tempo mode, pitch shift, and HUSH® noise reduction placed after the preamp and before the effects where it should be. With the VooDu Valve Online, sharing presets on Rocktron's website Patch Bay is a breeze, (although Rocktron has already included 254 user-programmable presets). And the VooDu is both stage and studio ready with balanced XLR outputs (with level control) and 1/4" outs. The Speaker Simulator in the VooDu is a work of art, providing parameters for Speaker Size, MIC Placement and patented Reactance parameter. All MIDI functions have been implemented including eight parameter continuous control and mapping. Headphone output and tap tempo delay are included as well.