M81 Bass Preamp
- Combination of a preamp and a studio-quality direct out
- Separate INPUT & OUTPUT level controls
- 3-band EQ section with sweepable midrange (from 250hz to 1khz)
- Ground lift switch
- Pre/Post switch for position of the EQ
- Controls for Output, Mid. Freq., Input, Bass, Mid and Treble
- 2 Internal switches for the function of the Direct Out and true or buffered bypass
- Status LED
- 1/4" in and out
- XLR out
- Operation with 9V battery or optional PSU (Rockpower RP NT 1)
- Compact, road-worthy aluminium housing
- Made in U.S.A.
The MXR Bass Preamp combines a pristine bass preamp with a studio-quality Direct Out in a Phase 90-sized box, providing clear tone without hogging precious pedalboard space. Use it to add a new voice to an old passive bass, sweeten up any amp, or put some special sauce on a particular song. Dial it in just the way you want it and send it straight to the house pre or post-EQ with the built-in Direct Out.
The Bass Preamp features separate INPUT and OUTPUT level controls and a 3-band EQ section with sweepable midrange, from 250hz to 1khz, for extensive tonal flexibility. It's all delivered super clean with high headroom thanks to our own Constant Headroom Technology, and you can use the PRE/POST EQ switch to set whether or not your Direct Out signal is affected by the Bass Preamp's EQ section. And of course, the Bass Preamp features a GROUND LIFT switch in case you encounter ground loop hum. The Bass Preamp is factory preset to operate in 1/4" out buffered bypass and Direct Out active. For players who only want to use the 1/4" out, there are two internal switches that disable the Direct Out and 1/4" out buffered bypass for true 1/4" out bypass mode.