H4A Gold - Humbucker
- Passive counterpart to the active EMG 81 Kirk Hammett pickup
- Mostly used in neck position in connection with the H4
- AlNiCo 5 magnets, high output power
- Aggressive tone, but compared to the H4 Ceramic model a warmer sound, long sustain
- Balanced tone, with solid basses, pronounced mids, fat highs
- Versatile pickup, ideal for Blues, Rock, Metal
- For bridge position as well as for neck position, also for Floyd Rose
- Gold-plated steel housing
- Laser engraved EMG logo silver
Endowed with warmth, body and clarity.The great tonal features are achieved by utilizing vintage wound coils loaded with Alnico V bar magnets, all fully shielded for minimal noise. The H4A is most often used in the neck position, and is commonly used in conjunction with its cousin, the H4, for a perfect balance of tones. The H4A shines with superb clarity, full body, and delicate responsiveness which will suit almost any style or mood.
EMG HZ-Series: professional passive pickups made by the the leading manufacturer from the U.S.